Using either the keyboard or the mouse to play videogames on your PC is not always the most comfortable option. Sometimes you'd love to use your gamepad but unfortunately not all games have support for them. Xpadder puts an end to this problem, allowing you to play PC games with poor or no gamepad support at all.
These are the features Xpadder has to offer:
* Full keyboard and mouse emulation * No installation needed - run straight from the Zip file * Add gamepad support to emulated, internet and DOS games * Play multiplayer games with each player using their own gamepad * Control video/music players using their shortcut keys * Use a gamepad with a web browser or any windows application * Rumble (force feedback) and advanced fine-tuning options * Create and share any layout for any controller * Multiple profile management using sharable files
English Recent changes in Xpadder:
* Improved INI data reading speed and error handling * Added INI style profile files * Fixed a bug where DPad Diagonal mode button selection didn't update bolding
Xpadder simulates keystrokes and mouse movement by interacting with the gamepad. Through this program you can use the joystick, even in those games, where its use is provided. Also, the joystick can be played in DOS or small internet games, or control with the help of music / Video Players, Web browsers or other applications
Play PC games with poor or no gamepad support Add gamepad support to emulated, internet and DOS games Play multiplayer games with each player using their own gamepad Control video/music players using media or shortcut keys Use a gamepad with a web browser or any windows application.
Improved CPU handling (optimized for multi-core CPUs/multiple-CPUs, improved for single-core CPUs/single CPUs) Improved core stability (no more white screens or freezing) (thanks to everyone who reported problems) Improved controller array handling (uses less memory, safer data access, data is faster to access) Improved sub-windows (now 100% dynamic and 100% memory leak free) Improved controller file reading (removed support for old binary controller files) Improved some of the controller list handling Improved controller INI read speed Improved border interface display speed (2.2 times faster) Improved detection data memory usage Improved device acquisition speed Improved handling of assignment option toggles Improved file version reading and calculations Improved exit speed slightly Improved advanced assignment slot image update efficiency Improved white shading in some areas (was off-white) Improved handling of NameDisplay button during interface changes Improved displaying of profile creation/opening progress text Added core-synced animations (prevents window from being unresponsive while animations occur) Added smart button animation completion (prevents delays if no buttons or if all buttons fully animated) Added deletion prompt when deleting known controller Added individual NameDisplay button statuses for each controller Added "Opening controller" status text during animation Added Controller global settings button icons Fixed a bug where moving mouse speed sliders via mouse emulation caused errors (thanks to Swolch and Sametz) Fixed some thread memory leaks Fixed a bug where command line shortcuts did not launch until profile was manually opened (thanks to SGTCableDog) Fixed a bug where command line profile could be lost due to multiple controller messages Fixed a bug where command line profile did not open when controller reconnected Fixed a bug where mouse settings window did not show stick/dpad name for group mouse settings Fixed a bug where profile queue was not cleared when a new profile was received (thanks to WelshRabbit) Fixed a bug where grey did not produce a proper Vista style gradient Fixed a bug where altering trigger controller settings closed DPad window and not Trigger window Fixed a bug where Assignment Settings window still allocated memory for old tab icons from last year!!! Fixed a bug where buttons sometimes didn't identify correctly in controller settings window (thanks to SGTCableDog) Fixed a bug where button detection was ignored if an axis was active (thanks to SGTCableDog) Fixed a bug where pressing space while entering a sequence with auto-pauses could toggle the auto-pause checkbox Fixed a bug where checking an assignment option box and then pressing space to assign caused checkbox to toggle Fixed a bug where one Profile change value was not initialized (this may have caused a bug at some point) Fixed a bug where recent profile lists were not correctly defragged on startup Fixed a bug where selected button did not reset on controller settings tab change Fixed a bug where selected button did not take priority if controller settings buttons overlapped (thanks to SGTCableDog) Fixed a bug where controller list in INI was not correctly scanned for repeats Fixed a bug where language help button was missing (thanks to SGTCableDog) Fixed a bug where controllers help was out of order Fixed some bugs where show animation option was ignored Fixed a bug where sub windows closed after main window restore and not during minimize (thanks to SGTCableDog) Fixed a bug where ButtonDown status was not initialized Fixed a bug where cycle hash border did not fill button with long displayed assignment name Fixed a bug where Start options text was badly worded Fixed some bugs where Russian text did not appear fully in some locations Fixed a bug where gradients did not end perfectly on final colour
- Improved boot and startup code - Improved graphical bit-depth (now uses 32bit imaging - 10% faster) - Improved some slow graphical operations (mostly icon-related) - Improved creation of popupmenu imagelists - Improved creation of bitmap arrays - Improved SetSelector list by sorting by set instead of method - Improved controller settings stick tab (added tabs and new standard size icons, added "Enabled" text clicking to toggle) - Improved Controller Settings window size to fit minimum 600x480 - Improved speed of controller settings activity scanning - Improved speed of displaying controller if theme image is used - Improved assignment keyboard display memory usage - Improved speed of sample theme image gradient displays - Improved speed of colour negating and vista gradient creation - Improved bitmap image opening for future improvements - Improved invalid image messages (added "theme" or "controller" to text) - Improved boot resolution checker speed - Improved boot error dialog button text (replaced "OK" with "Exit") - Improved controller settings image tab layout (split into sub-tabs) - Improved theme tab layout - Improved some error dialog text for translation - Improved checkbox text (replaced "Enable" with "Enabled") - Improved Clear Controller Image dialog text - Added One-Way SetSelector option - Added SetSelector options to Assignment PopUp Menu - Added custom pause slots - Added Keyboard options tab and test - Added Help button window toggling (re-click a Help button to close the Help window) - Added executable name check (must be "Xpadder*.exe" - for example "Xpadder.exe" or "Xpadder5-1.exe") - Added "Assignment" text to assignment window title (thanks to SGTCableDog) - Added Clear confirmation windows when Clearing controller or theme images - Added clicking of "Enabled" text for DPad and Triggers tabs - Fixed a bug where connecting controllers out of sequence while Xpadder was running caused it to crash - Fixed a bug where altering known controller list entry positions with only one controller connected caused crash - Fixed a bug where ending session with Xpadder minimized did not save INI (thanks to SGTCableDog) - Fixed a bug where ending session with Xpadder running did not cleanly exit coreloop - Fixed a bug where CoreKeyScan checked for mouse buttons - Fixed a bug where Stick2 Enabled text was not disabled when Stick1 was unavailable - Fixed a bug where basic assignment checkboxes were not perfectly aligned - Fixed a bug where right trigger failed to respond to manual axis selection if left trigger was set to none - Fixed a bug where a permanently activated button (eg; mode switch) prevented button detection (thanks to Jezz) - Fixed a bug where changing background colour did not work if scan animation was showing - Fixed a bug where interface buttons (settings,help,controller,profile,abc,sets) did not use theme button style - Fixed a bug where Minimize/Close window via Xpadder mouse emulation did not work (thanks to GrimResistance) - Fixed a bug where 1 second delay occurred if moving Xpadder window via Xpadder mouse emulation - Fixed a bug where DirectX libraries did not release memory if "User32.dll" was missing - Fixed a bug where failed retrieval of DirectX exported function addresses caused error - Fixed a bug where "User32.dll" did not release memory if function did not exist - Fixed a bug where complete language files displayed "This language file 100% translated" (That's not 100% good English!) - Fixed a bug where bitmaps saved in PhotoShop could not be used (thanks to TBD2007) - Fixed a bug where pressing a button in controller settings window caused button to select and update name box repeatedly - Fixed a bug where assignment window could not colour letters of assignments with more than 255 slots - Fixed a bug where scanning for mouse assignments could not check assignments fully with more than 255 slots - Fixed a bug where emulated keys could alter controller settings axis selection - Fixed a bug where three-colour gradients did not set alpha value for first half - Fixed a bug where core loop start delay was using all CPU for less than a millisecond - Fixed a bug where "Fatal Error" text should have been "Error" (thanks to Zwaf) - Fixed a bug where associated explorer icons resized badly - Fixed potential freezing bugs in Assignment and Controller Settings windows - Fixed bugs where Russian text did not fit in some Controller Settings labels, comboboxes and buttons (thanks to I Takaev)
Improved set capacity (increased from 4 to 8 sets) Improved set handling (infinite sets a big step closer) Improved assignment right-click set menu (split into set submenus) Improved SetSelector indicators (replaced dots with set number and method icon) Improved window display positioning Improved window position saving Improved remember window positions option (on by default - centred if disabled) Improved closing of all windows (all windows close if re-opened - they now toggle) Improved global settings options layout (expanded window size and removed scrollbox) Improved timing accuracy and loop counting Improved component creation in some areas Improved processing of scan animation display (when no controllers are connected at startup) Improved keyboard test timing when emulating a sequence Improved controller properties layout Improved handling of dialog text formatting Improved default path determination Improved image text writing Added yellow highlight to Controller and Profile buttons whenever changes have been made and need saving Added type and battery/power information for Xbox 360 compatible controllers to properties window Added Profile Settings window Added KeyTapTime global and profile options Added AllowEmulatedKeys checkbox to keyboard test Added first run dialogs (welcome and program location, user file location, add associations) Added Associations option Added bolding of toggled global options (so you know what options have changed) Fixed a bug where assigning onto a set selector via advanced assignment window caused error (thanks to tbd2007) Fixed a bug where re-running with different path casing triggered different-location boot error (thanks to Thraka) Fixed a bug where programs launching Xpadder using "xpadder.exe" fail boot name check (thanks to Thraka) Fixed a bug where custom system font dpi size caused error (thanks to scotsummers) Fixed a bug where custom system font dpi altered window layouts Fixed a bug where custom system font dpi cropped all checkboxes Fixed a bug where custom system font dpi affected some fonts (Tahoma 8 is now used 100% throughout) Fixed a bug where assigning to a one-way set selector copied assignment to setbuddy Fixed a bug where keyboard settings checkboxes were not translatable Fixed a bug where Windows 2000 showed icons with magenta background Fixed a bug where holding shift/ctrl/alt and closing assignment window caused thread error (thanks to generic.imitation) Fixed a bug where Clear Advanced assignments de-focused advanced assignment window preventing keypresses Fixed a bug where clicking space to right of global options toggled the checkbox Fixed a bug where pressing Enter or Space in Advanced Assignments window after pressing a button caused button to repress Fixed a bug where flickering could occur on multi-core CPUs Fixed a bug where Inserting a slot caused flicker and highlighting of incorrect slot Fixed a bug where combinations with Windows Logo keys did not work (thanks to Christian) Fixed a bug where some dialog windows did not use bold text for details Fixed a bug where changing background colours while scan animation was running used an old workaround Fixed a bug where AssignmentPopUpMenu Clear option and wheel clicking was possible even if assignment was already empty Fixed a bug where Keyboard tab text was not translated (thanks to Ivan T) Fixed a bug where Controller Properties text could be scrolled via horizontal mouse wheel (thanks to SGTCableDog) Fixed a bug where multiple buttons could be auto-snapped to stick center in controller settings window Fixed a bug where Controller help did not show information about the Controller menu (only the tabs) Fixed a bug where SetSelector help listed methods before list Fixed bugs where Bad Stick/Trigger Access error values did not show correct value if non-standard and invalid axis
Xpadder 5.2 is the program for the simulation of pressures of the keys of keyboard and motions of mouse through a joystick. Xpadder allows to use geympad for a management any computer game, be to ordinary, emulated, DOS or Flash-game. In addition, it is possible to appoint a management for any other appendix of Windows (multimedia pleer, browser, postal program and other). The simultaneous connecting is supported 16 joysticks. The program is consonant with more than by 120 different models of comptrollers. The system of types is realized in an utility.
Interface: English OC: Windows 98/ME/2000/XP/2003/Vista Size: 9.97 Mb
Xpadder will simulate keypresses and mouse movements using a gamepad.
· Improved main controller image display (now 2.6x faster) · Improved Controller Settings window image display (now 3.3x faster) · Improved profile file size (blank profile down from 1416 bytes to 146 bytes) · Improved subwindow graphics scanline access (faster display) · Improved sub-window handling and memory usage · Improved sub-window display speed and efficiency · Improved settings window design · Improved dialog window design · Improved boot speed · Improved profile reading speed · Improved invalid profile detection · Improved setselector assigning by removing buddy copying and clearing · Improved set selector and auto-assign none icons · Improved processing of non-sequence assignments · Improved mouse speed internal storage and handling · Improved pause duration (increased from 2.50 second to 10 minutes) · Improved pause slot parsing · Improved pause time entry (replaced slider with comboboxes) · Improved profile bad value message displays · Improved gradient accuracy · Improved about, legal and license text · Added Profile Copy and Paste · Added Check For Update · Added OS architecture (32/64bit) and service pack info to Windows version info · Added Windows 2000 boot message stating intention to remove support in the future · Added mouse button 4, 5 and mouse wheel tilting assignments · Added repeating of final stage in sequences while button is held · Added default mouse speed to values settings (thanks to jinxguardian) · Added Restore Defaults button to settings value page · Added Okay button to Settings window · Added windows game controller control panel button icon · Added displayed name as original Save As filename instead of "New Profile" · Fixed a bug where Xpadder could fail to appear when first run (thanks to megadeth502 and Devin) · Fixed a bug where logging off/shutting down Windows while subwindows were open caused Xpadder to stop responding · Fixed a bug where dialog window hid behind other windows during installation · Fixed a bug where main window hid behind other windows after installation · Fixed a bug where filenames with $ or # caused problems in dialog windows · Fixed a bug where loading a profile ignored setselectors 4 to 8 (thanks to xtertristl) · Fixed a bug where profiles with assignments with more than 255 slots did not open correctly (thanks to mstraughan86) · Fixed a bug where repeatedly opening and closing Controller Properties window very fast can cause an error · Fixed a bug where first key/combo in a sequence is down for 0.01s more than it should be · Fixed a bug where Set Selection occurred instantly instead of after sequence had finished · Fixed a bug where One-way set selecting changed set instantly instead of on button release (thanks to Evilalan and johngro) · Fixed a bug where Set Selector could not be cleared from assignment button popup menu (thanks to Cable) · Fixed a bug where sequence status was not set for buttons with no slots · Fixed a bug where a sequence in the destination set of a While Held set selector repeated first slot instead of playing sequence · Fixed a bug where a sequence in the destination set of a While Held set selector did not return to previous set · Fixed a bug where filenames including did not display correctly (thanks to jinxguardian) · Fixed a bug where clicking the ends of buttons with long assignment names did not open assignment window · Fixed a bug where controller buttons that overlapped could not be clicked in overlap area · Fixed a bug where displaying names was not perfectly centered on button · Fixed a bug where set selector info on assignment button did not stretch with long assignment name · Fixed a bug where assignments in deadzone or active did not show yellow assignment window indicator · Fixed a bug where window positions were not remembered across multiple monitors (thanks to Michael) · Fixed a bug where assignments for non-existent controller file buttons still emulated (thanks to Sametz) · Fixed a bug where emulating mouse wheel up then down too then release up caused mouse wheel emulation to stop · Fixed a bug where :F= could appear in translation file (thanks to CyberMSX) · Fixed a bug where translation file creation could repeat words · Fixed a bug where some installation window buttons were not translated · Fixed a bug where failing to open INI style controller and profile files did not show initial "open error" message · Fixed a bug where adding a new controller when list is full caused listsize to increase by 1 · Fixed a bug where App Paths registry entry ignored "Associate files" option
Xpadder allows you to use your controller to play PC games with poor or no joystick support (including DOS games in a Windows DOS box and Shockwave/Java internet games).
Here are some key features of "Xpadder":
· Full keyboard and mouse emulation · Rumble support for capable controllers · Constantly updated controller database · Multiple profile management · Advanced fine-tuning options · Low CPU and memory usage
Play PC games with poor or no gamepad support Add gamepad support to emulated, internet and DOS games Play multiplayer games with each player using their own gamepad Control video/music players using media or shortcut keys Use a gamepad with a web browser or any windows application No installation needed - Xpadder is just one executable file Designed for Windows 2000, XP, Server 2003 and Vista
Full keyboard and mouse emulation Supports up to 16 controllers at the same time for multiplayer gaming Rumble (force feedback) and advanced fine-tuning options Create and share any layout for any controller Multiple profile management using sharable files Designed for gamepads, joysticks, steering wheels, dance mats
Xpadder Version History: Product Date Added Xpadder 5.3 December 8, 2008 Xpadder 5.2 July 14, 2008 Xpadder 2008.02 February 11, 2008
PPM radio transmitters are now listed under their own device type (Radio control TX) in the Add Joysticks dialog box.
PPJoy is a joystick device driver for Windows 2000 and later. There is also limited support for Windows 98 and Windows Me. PPJoy was designed for joysticks connected to the parallel port but it also supports other devices via the virtual joystick interface
Supported devices are:
* Digital joysticks for the Commodore 64, Atari, ZX Spectrum and other computers of that era. * Playstation controllers. * NES, SNES and Virtual Gameboy controllers * Sega Genesis controllers * PPM and PIC interface Radio Control transmitters * Joystick emulation using the keyboard or mouse
Windows will treat these devices just like any other joystick and they can be used in any game or application that accepts joystick input.
There are lots of USB joysticks out there that are a lot less hassle to install and configure. So here is why you may want to use PPJoy:
* PPJoy is free for non-commercial use and you may already have a perfectly good controller supported by PPJoy. A small donation will however be appreciated. * Use the original controllers along with an emulator for a more authentic experience. * Use your all-time favourite controller with PC games. * Use PPJoy instead of a keyboard encoder in a game cabinet. * You want to emulate joystick input from another application.
On the other hand you still need to buy or build the proper adapter to connect your controller to your computer.
Supported Operating Systems:
PPJoy was designed for Windows 2000, Windows XP and later but will also work on Windows 98 and Me with a few restrictions. It is recommended that you install at least DirectX 9.
Windows 98 and Me restrictions:
* PPJoy cannot claim exclusive access to the parallel port and may interfere with other applications (like printing) that use the same port. The PPJoy driver needs to be disabled (In Device Manager) when you need to use a port for something else. * The PPJoy setup cannot automatically install the required device drivers. They have to be manually installed after the setup application exits. * PPJoy may lack some features under Windows 98/Me; or some things may not work as smoothly. * Note: PPJoy is not as well tested as under Windows 98 or Me as under Windows 2000/XP.
There is (always) a small risk that PPJoy may crash or bluescreen your computer. Use it at your own risk.